It is quite common these days to suffer from various kinds of eye problems and to resolve some of those eye issues earlier people had to wear thick eyeglasses. An appropriate alternative for eyeglasses are the contact lenses. In contrast to earlier times, lenses are accessible in the market pretty easily.
Various eye contact lens manufacturing firm such as Kjolberg-Kontaktlinser provides different colors in these lenses which are of superior quality. A few years earlier the contact lens was quite expensive and the use of these lenses was very difficult, as they were hard and uncomfortable.
This was the reason that not everyone was able to purchase it and use it properly. But as the time has changed now you can buy them easily at an affordable price. You may read the following points to get to know about the types of contact lenses:
- Regular wear soft lenses – These are made of soft polymer plastic and can be worn for one whole year.
- Disposable soft lenses – These can be worn up to two weeks and require daily cleaning.
- Daily wear disposable lenses – These can only be used for one day and are discarded at the end of the day. Using daily wear disposable lenses lowers your risk to eye infections.
- Colored soft lenses – These are perfect for those who want a fresh look and they serve the same purpose as color contact lenses except they do come in different tints.
- Extended-wear lenses – These can be worn for several weeks, without having to remove them.
- Bifocal contact lenses – This is ideal for people who are suffering from presbyopia.
- Toric Contact Lenses – This type of lenses are used to correct astigmatism. These contact lenses are also bi-focal.
- Orthokeratology lenses – These lenses are used for improving vision problems caused by the cornea shape.
Besides this, you may hop over to this site to get to know about the reason that it is recommended not to use cheap contact lenses. Eyes are one of the most delicate organs of the human body so it is wise to use anything with some caution related to eyes.