Laser teeth whitening is one of the latest developments in cosmetic dentistry. Laser teeth whitening is a superior alternative to the conventional choice of using hydrogen peroxide or similar solutions used to whiten one’s teeth.
Dentists in Manhasset NY recommends you to get the laser whitening treatment from the skilled dentist having years of experience in the field of cosmetic dentistry.
Why do people choose to have professional laser teeth whitening?
People are aware of how much time a professional would take in doing the whole process of decolorizing the teeth.
Professional dentists give the right estimation of the cost involved in every teeth treatments.
North Shore-based dentists have the ability to whiten only teeth that are stained and require attention.
The expert dentist always makes sure that your teeth and gums are healthy before starting the tooth whitening process.
How does a laser tooth whitening treatment work?
Steps involved in laser teeth whitening process:
- Screening: Screening is done to check if the gums have receded or have led to the exposure of parts of the roots of your teeth.
- Pre-treatment: Teeth are first thoroughly deep cleaned to ensure faultless hygiene leading up to the treatment.
- Medication: Dentist can recommend non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication in the first session.
- Whitening process:
- A barrier to protect the gums from teeth whitening solution.
- Syringe to apply teeth whitening compound on the teeth.
- Laser to activate the compound.
- Repeat the process three or four times with the new layer of compound.
- Removes the protective layer from the gums.
Advantages of laser teeth whitening:
- Most effective in removing the stains from teeth/tooth.
- A successful method in enhancing the appearance of the discoloured teeth.
- A speedy procedure as it takes an hour or more to complete the teeth whitening process to get a perfect and attractive smile.
- Long lasting results than other conventional remedies.
For how much time laser teeth whitening last?
Laser teeth whitening lasts for three years. Although, it can last for more years if one follows proper oral hygiene as suggested by dentist.
Here’s an additional reading to know more about professional laser teeth whitening.
Following good oral hygiene and visiting the dentist twice a year for routine checkup will give you white and bright smile for years.