Root canal treatment is also known as endodontic treatment. It is a treatment for the infected pulp of a tooth which further results in the elimination of infection. If this dental decay is left untreated it will reach deep inside the pulp tissue.
In root canal treatment the infected pulp is replaced with a filling. This treatment saves the teeth which would otherwise need to be removed. You can even visit Bushwick dental services if you are looking for the root canal.
The procedure for root canal treatment:-
How does tooth get infected?
Root canal treatment nourishes the teeth by providing oxygen and nutrients. If you neglect dental decay in the outer layers of the teeth, it will progress to the root canals, which further infect the nerves and blood vessels.
The inflamed pulp tissue is replaced by infected material and pus. It causes severe pain and swelling. If it remains untreated it may cause damage to the surrounding bone structure and results in the tooth abscess.
Other reasons for the teeth damage and infection are accidental cracks, leakage from the fillings and infection from the gums reaching to the base of the roots.
What is the Root canal procedure?
In dental root canal treatment, cleaning and sterilizing of the root canal is done by removing the infected tissue.
- You have to visit two or more time to your dentist depending on the situation.
- In case of active infection in the tooth, antibiotics are prescribed for 3-5 days in order to reduce the pain and infection.
- Before the treatment, local anesthesia is given to the patient so that the patient may feel comfortable.
- Then the upper layer of the teeth is opened with a dental drill, with this the dentist will have access to the pulp chamber of the tooth.
- In the next step interior of your tooth is cleaned by using a series of small files.
- But in the first visit temporary filling is done after the tooth has been thoroughly cleaned.